Yesterday 3.11 marked the 3 year anniversary of the Tohoku Earthquake and huge Tsunami hit the coast of north eastern Japan. I was living in Osaka and working on the first basement floor in the city centre during the earthquake. I felt a slight shaking but I was't worried about it so much at that time.Then I got home, although I had't been watching TV for a while, turned on the TV immediately since I'd been feeling uneasy.
And I got a shock. What I saw was not what I expected, houses, cars, ships, buildings and people washed away by huge black tsunami waves as if they were toys. I remember I almost dropped the remote control and I was just speechless.
That was one of the strongest in recorded history and also Japan's worst greatest disaster after the war. At least 16,000 people died, another 2,600 left missing. That is 18,600 people disappeared only in a day from this small island country. It is horrendously unthinkable.
3 years have past since then.My whole life has changed so much as well.Yesterday, so many Japanese people were in tears remembering the great tragedy, thinking the people who lost their precious family and also we were very thankful to all the other counties and the people who helped us once again.
But on the other hand, many people are still living in temporary accommodations and we still have a serious problem about new clear crisis that can't wait.
I stayed in Ireland for 4 months last year.There were few Japanese people even in the capital city, Dublin. I went to school and met a lot of people from all over the countries then I realised that Japan doesn't have such a strong presence in the world than we imagine and people asked me these three questions almost everyday.
●Is it true that Japan doesn't get along with China and Korea?
●How do you tell the difference in appearance between Japanese,Chinese and Korean?
●What is the current situation of Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant?
I was kinda sick of the one question above but what I want to say here is I'd never ever got asked about Tsunami while I was in Ireland.Only a couple times I heard the news about Japan but was about a nuclear power plant of Fukushima or a documentary about Japanese Otaku culture. We tend to forget overseas tragedies very quickly and easily but we worry about an event could be a grave menace to our safety.
Japanese well known as being too humble and are not good at appealing but Japan will host the 2020 olympic Games and we must show a result of our efforts to the world positively.
3 years ago, I couldn't do anything. This year, I'm going to be the person who has a bit of influence to change the world.
昨日3月11日で、東日本大震災から3年目を迎えました。あの日は、大阪市内の地下一階にある職場で働いていた時に小さな揺れを感じましたが、大したことでは無いだろうと思いながらもどこか胸騒ぎを感じ、帰宅後にしばらく見ていなかったTVの電源を入れ、愕然としたのを思えています。まるでおもちゃの様にいとも簡単にあらゆるものが破壊され、飲み込まれ、今まさに人が命を落としていく瞬間をLIVE中継で見ていることしか出来ない自分の無力さに、悔しさしか涌いてきませんでした。
記録的な世紀の大地震の1つと数えられ、戦後、日本が被った最悪の大惨事として歴史に刻まれることとなってしまいました。16,000人あまりの方が亡くなられ、2,600人のご遺体が見つからぬまま。つまり、たった一日で、この小さな島国から18,600の方の命が消えてしまったいうこと。本当に信じ難い事実、であります。
この3年間の間に、私の人生も大きく変化しました。昨日一日、多くの日本人があの日を思い出しては涙し、大切な家族を失った方々の無念さを想い、そして世界中から寄せられた沢山の救いの手に今一度感謝する日となったのでは、と思います。
しかし一方では、承知の通り今なお多くの被災者の方が仮設住宅に身を置いて、十分に心を休めることが出来ない環境にあることや、引き続き課題山積の福島原発問題など、状況好転に向けて待った無しの現実があります。
私は昨年4か月間アイルランドに滞在していましたが、私が住んでいたダブリンでは、首都であるにも関わらず日本人の姿を目にすることはあまりありませんでした。そして学校に通いながら世界中の人達との交わりの中でまざまざと思い知ったことが1つ。日本という国は、私たち日本人が思っている以上に、世界における存在感が薄い、ということ。以下三つが、私がほぼ毎日何人もの人から浴びせられた質問です。
●日本は、中国、韓国との間で仲が悪いというのは本当か?
●日本人と中国人、韓国人を外見でどうやって見分けられるか?
●福島原発の現況は?
うち1つの質問は、答えるのにいい加減うんざりしてきましたけども、ここで言いたいのは、私がアイルランドにいる4か月の間に、津波被害に関する質問は一度たりともされたことがなかった、ということ。日本関連のニュースで見聞きしたことと言えば、やはり福島の原発問題と、そして日本のオタク文化についてのドキュメンタリーだけ。私たちは、海の向こうのどんなに悲惨な出来事よりも、自分の身に降り掛かるかもしれない脅威に対する懸念の方に、何倍も意識が高まる傾向にあるんじゃないかなと思います。
日本は謙虚すぎてアピールがヘタクソな国民として知られてますが、2020年のオリンピックを控えている今こそ、積極的に復興への努力の結果を世界に示していかなきゃいけないと思います。
3年前の私は、何も出来ませんでした。今年は、世界を少しでも変えられるように、ほんの一さじでいい。影響力のある人間になります。
And I got a shock. What I saw was not what I expected, houses, cars, ships, buildings and people washed away by huge black tsunami waves as if they were toys. I remember I almost dropped the remote control and I was just speechless.
That was one of the strongest in recorded history and also Japan's worst greatest disaster after the war. At least 16,000 people died, another 2,600 left missing. That is 18,600 people disappeared only in a day from this small island country. It is horrendously unthinkable.
3 years have past since then.My whole life has changed so much as well.Yesterday, so many Japanese people were in tears remembering the great tragedy, thinking the people who lost their precious family and also we were very thankful to all the other counties and the people who helped us once again.
But on the other hand, many people are still living in temporary accommodations and we still have a serious problem about new clear crisis that can't wait.
I stayed in Ireland for 4 months last year.There were few Japanese people even in the capital city, Dublin. I went to school and met a lot of people from all over the countries then I realised that Japan doesn't have such a strong presence in the world than we imagine and people asked me these three questions almost everyday.
●Is it true that Japan doesn't get along with China and Korea?
●How do you tell the difference in appearance between Japanese,Chinese and Korean?
●What is the current situation of Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant?
I was kinda sick of the one question above but what I want to say here is I'd never ever got asked about Tsunami while I was in Ireland.Only a couple times I heard the news about Japan but was about a nuclear power plant of Fukushima or a documentary about Japanese Otaku culture. We tend to forget overseas tragedies very quickly and easily but we worry about an event could be a grave menace to our safety.
Japanese well known as being too humble and are not good at appealing but Japan will host the 2020 olympic Games and we must show a result of our efforts to the world positively.
3 years ago, I couldn't do anything. This year, I'm going to be the person who has a bit of influence to change the world.
昨日3月11日で、東日本大震災から3年目を迎えました。あの日は、大阪市内の地下一階にある職場で働いていた時に小さな揺れを感じましたが、大したことでは無いだろうと思いながらもどこか胸騒ぎを感じ、帰宅後にしばらく見ていなかったTVの電源を入れ、愕然としたのを思えています。まるでおもちゃの様にいとも簡単にあらゆるものが破壊され、飲み込まれ、今まさに人が命を落としていく瞬間をLIVE中継で見ていることしか出来ない自分の無力さに、悔しさしか涌いてきませんでした。
記録的な世紀の大地震の1つと数えられ、戦後、日本が被った最悪の大惨事として歴史に刻まれることとなってしまいました。16,000人あまりの方が亡くなられ、2,600人のご遺体が見つからぬまま。つまり、たった一日で、この小さな島国から18,600の方の命が消えてしまったいうこと。本当に信じ難い事実、であります。
この3年間の間に、私の人生も大きく変化しました。昨日一日、多くの日本人があの日を思い出しては涙し、大切な家族を失った方々の無念さを想い、そして世界中から寄せられた沢山の救いの手に今一度感謝する日となったのでは、と思います。
しかし一方では、承知の通り今なお多くの被災者の方が仮設住宅に身を置いて、十分に心を休めることが出来ない環境にあることや、引き続き課題山積の福島原発問題など、状況好転に向けて待った無しの現実があります。
私は昨年4か月間アイルランドに滞在していましたが、私が住んでいたダブリンでは、首都であるにも関わらず日本人の姿を目にすることはあまりありませんでした。そして学校に通いながら世界中の人達との交わりの中でまざまざと思い知ったことが1つ。日本という国は、私たち日本人が思っている以上に、世界における存在感が薄い、ということ。以下三つが、私がほぼ毎日何人もの人から浴びせられた質問です。
●日本は、中国、韓国との間で仲が悪いというのは本当か?
●日本人と中国人、韓国人を外見でどうやって見分けられるか?
●福島原発の現況は?
うち1つの質問は、答えるのにいい加減うんざりしてきましたけども、ここで言いたいのは、私がアイルランドにいる4か月の間に、津波被害に関する質問は一度たりともされたことがなかった、ということ。日本関連のニュースで見聞きしたことと言えば、やはり福島の原発問題と、そして日本のオタク文化についてのドキュメンタリーだけ。私たちは、海の向こうのどんなに悲惨な出来事よりも、自分の身に降り掛かるかもしれない脅威に対する懸念の方に、何倍も意識が高まる傾向にあるんじゃないかなと思います。
日本は謙虚すぎてアピールがヘタクソな国民として知られてますが、2020年のオリンピックを控えている今こそ、積極的に復興への努力の結果を世界に示していかなきゃいけないと思います。
3年前の私は、何も出来ませんでした。今年は、世界を少しでも変えられるように、ほんの一さじでいい。影響力のある人間になります。

0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿