I flew from Belgium to Krakow,Poland on the 3rd day.When I arrived in Krakow airport,it was already dark outside.I took an airport shuttle bus and train then got to Krakow main railway station.I managed to find a hostel which I stayed that night on my own and asked some people for directions or where I stood.But most of them didn't answer or refused me.I'd already known that many Polish people especially older people don't speak English very well and now I could understand how foreign people feel when they travel Japan...Must be fearful!
I caught a taxi and got to the hostel safely at last.
The next morning,I woke up early then went to the main bus station which is located behind the main railway station.I bought round tickets to Auschwitz(in Polish,Oswiecim) and got on the bus that has "PKS Oswiciem" written in big letters on the side of the bus.
On the way to the museum,the windows were foggy and it was really eerie.
After one and a half hour ride,I arrived at the largest concentration and extermination camps,Auschwitz-Birkenau.
After one and a half hour ride,I arrived at the largest concentration and extermination camps,Auschwitz-Birkenau.
I have been interested in the Holocaust and Auschwitz since I was 9 years of age and finally was able to fulfill my strong desire of visiting the site in person.I'd already researched a lot that matters from books,movies and materials etc over the years so that didn't surprise me.I just needed to see this greatest failure by human beings with my own eyes.
I started to walk slowly looking at the ground,thinking of inmates and my own precious family.
I started to walk slowly looking at the ground,thinking of inmates and my own precious family.
旅の三日目、ベルギーからポーランドのクラクフまで飛行機で移動した。空港に着いた時には既に外は暗く、シャトルバスと電車を乗りついで、クラクフのメインステーションに到着した。自力でその晩泊まる予定のホステルに辿り着こうと、街ゆく人複数人に道を尋ねたが、ただ首を振るだけか、あからさまに拒絶する人もいた。ポーランドの年配の人はあまり英語を話さないと聞いていたので驚きはしなかったが、その時初めて、日本を訪れる外国人旅行客の気持ちがわかったような!旅先で言葉が通じないというのは、想像以上に不安を募らせるものである。
結局、その夜はタクシーで無事、ホステルへ着きましたとさ。
翌朝、早く起きてクラクフ駅の裏手にあるバスステーションへ向かい、アウシュビッツ行きの往復切符を買って、車体に"PKS Oswiciem"と書かれたバスに飛び乗った。アウシュビッツミューズィアムへ行く途中、窓ガラスに深い霧がかかり、とてつもなく不気味な雰囲気に包まれた。
そして一時間半後、私はアウシュビッツ・ビルケナウ絶滅強制収容所に到着した。
私がホロコーストとアウシュビッツに興味を持ったのが9歳の時で、あれからようやく自分の足でこの地を訪れ、ひとつの強い願望を果たすことが出来た。何年にもかけて本や映画、資料等をかき集めては見たり調べたりしてきた為、殆どの事実については既に知識があり、特に驚くべきことでは無かった。ただ、この人間によって犯された未曾有の過ちを、この目で確かめることがどうしても必要だったのだ。
私は、この場所で収容されていた人々と自分の大切な家族を想いながら、地面を見つめ、ゆっくりと歩き出した。
私は、この場所で収容されていた人々と自分の大切な家族を想いながら、地面を見つめ、ゆっくりと歩き出した。
xoxo,Hitomi♥

0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿